The Historic Registration Scheme has been updated as of 1st July 2017 and is now called Club Registration
The new regulations are much simpler and have removed much of the restrictions included in the old scheme.
Remember it remains your responsibility at all times to ensure that you and your car comply with the new regulations. Please read the Code of Practice and understand your responsibilities.
Download (177.4 KB PDF): CODE OF PRACTICE FOR CLUB REGISTRATION 2017
Benefits of Club Registration:
- Reduced registration costs
- No stamp duty payable
financial member of the club your registration automatically lapses.
- Your car must be at least 30 years old as at the 1st January in any year
- Initially you will need to obtain a Scheme Application Form (MR334) to be issued by a JDCSA authorised inspector. No vehicle inspection is required.
- You must be a financial member of the JDCSA. If cease to be a
- You must obtain a Log Book from the JDCSA Log Book Secretary and provide proof of your club membership (Present your current membership card)
- You may only use the car 90 days a year
- You must record details of all trips in your log book. If you fail to do so your car will be deemed unregistered and heavy fines apply.
Steps to purchase a car under Club Registration
(Note: Club Registration is NOT TRANSFERABLE)
Scheme Application Form (MR334)
- Become a member of JDCSA (This will take a month, as your application for membership must appear in our monthly magazine)
- Obtain a completed Scheme Application Form from a JDCSA inspector.
- Purchase the car from the vendor.
- Go to Transport SA with the Transfer Papers, Registration and the
(No stamp duty will apply.)
- Register the car under the Club Registration Scheme.
- Arrange for a Log Book to be issued by the JDCSA Log Book Secretary
You can then enjoy your Jaguar . . . . . . . .
The current JDCSA Log Book Secretary is:
David Burton Mobile: 0417566225
Email: [email protected]
Authorised JDCSA Inspectors
A full list of authorised JDCSA inspectors is to be found on the CONTACT page.